“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” Leo F. Buscaglia
1. Power of touch… A hug for a sad person can let them know you care. A hand on the shoulder will let the person know you are listening.
2. A smile… A smile to a mom in a store with a crying child will let her take her guard down and know that it is ok. A smile for someone who has worked hard on a project will let them know you appreciated their hard work.
3. A kind word… A kind word may let a person know that they can start over and it is ok. A kind word will let a person know that it is ok to be sad or happy.
4. A listening ear.. A listening ear will let a person know that they are important or that we are not judging them.
5. An honest compliment… I give honest compliments to people who I do not know. Reason being, they know I do not know them and so it must be true.
6. The smallest act of caring… I clean for a few elderly people. They tell their relatives that I am their friend. Before I clean I listen to what made them happy or sad since the last time that I saw them. Many elderly are forgotten and their family forgets them, too. They feel special when I leave.
We underestimate the power we have to turn someones life around.
What have you done this week to make a difference in someone’s life?