What builds your mental health …?
A different twist…
What doesn’t make you happy…
1. Waking up each day saying to yourself I don’t want to get up…
2. Walking around in your pj’s until noon or all day.
3. Not having any thing to look-forward to
4. Eating unhealthy foods.
Let us turn this around and try something new.
1. Instead of saying to yourself I don’t want to get up, make a list the night before of a few things that need to get done around the house and a few things that will brighten your day for you. An example 1 or 2 loads of laundry. reading your bible or motivational book and some type of activity. ie exercising, knitting, sewing, taking pictures of your kids.
2. Instead of walking around in pj’s, lay out your clothes for the next day, so you can just slide into them while you are still half asleep. Then make your way to the bathroom and wash your face and put on very simple make-up. By this time, you should be waking up.
3. Not having anything to look forward too. This is covered in #1 the night before.
4. Eating unhealthy food. Make a menu for what ever works for your family. I like making menus for a month. Some people like doing it weekly. Once you have your menu’s made and your shopping completed, all you have to do is make what ever hits your fancy that day. You have all the items necessary to make it. Make your breakfast items the night before or lay out ingredients so you do not have to think about it in the morning.
These 4 things make my days a little brighter and build my mental health. Share what you do to start your day on the right foot to keep everyone in your family happy including yourself. Remember mental heath isn’t just for mama , it is for everyone..