Something to think about. Some of the ways you feel during the day, you are really dehydrated.
1) Loss of appetite – If you are not hungry when you should be, try having a glass of water. Your cells need water to make all the organs work.
2) Fatigue – Are tired at a point in your day when you should not be tired? I am not talking about when you should be going to bed at night. I am talking about mid-morning or mid-afternoon. Get up walk around and get a glass or two of water. Fatigue is is a big sign that you are dehydrated. Drink some water or have a water based fruit. You need to re-hydrate. You will be amazed how drinking water will wake you up.
3) Head rushes – When you get up off the floor or a chair, do you feel light headed are dizzy? If you are dehydrated, you do not have enough water in your blood for it to circulate your system.
4) Dry mouth – If your tongue sticks to the roof of your mouth, you are very dehydrated. Try some fruit and a glass of water.
5) Dry skin – Can pull up your skin and it sticks together? You are very dehydrated. When I was a kid, I had the stomach flu. I was sick for a week. My mom took me to the doctor. The doctor pinch my stomach together and it stuck together. He told me that if I didn’t start keeping fluid down with in 24 hours, I would have to be put in the hospital.
6) Migraines – Migraines many times are a sign of dehydration. I have found this to be true. When I get a migraine headache, a couple times a year, I take care of it right away. 1, I put a dry peppermint tea bag on my pillow for nausea, and 2. I drink water every two hours until the headache goes away. Many times I go to bed about 8:30pm and by 5am the next morning my headache is gone.
When you are dehydrated, the cells in your body cannot function the way they should. When you are dehydrated you need to balance out the potassium and salt in your system.
Keeping hydrated, lubricates your joints and connective tissues.
Water helps you digest your food. Don’t drink water when you eat though, drink it and hour before or after you eat.
Liquid helps you with colds. Water makes mucus loosen up so you cough or blow it out easily.
Water wards off fatigue when you get dehydrated on an air plane. Drink water not alcohol, it also, helps with jet lag.
Water plumps up wrinkles too.
I know this is a lot of information, I will continue this topic on Monday.
Please share what you do for dehydration. Dehydration is not to be taken lightly. Until tomorrow, drink your water and eat your fruit.