Here are a few was to take down swelling.
1) pineapple pineapple as bromelian in it. Bromelian has taken swelling out of my body after eating too much sugar or salt. You can eat the pineapple frozen, fresh or in juice.
2) any kind of berries – Berries have large quantities of inflammation reducing phytochemicals and antioxidants. Berries are best eaten fresh or frozen to keep their nutrients.
3) some spices – capsaicin ( found in chili peppers) , rosemary and ginger are high in anti- inflammatory properties.
4) cutting out sugar – When you eat sugar you get swelling and water retention two days after you eat it. Discontinuing sugar will help you reduce inflammation and eventually lose weight.
5) staying away from foods your are allergic to – When you have an allergy to a food, your body swell up to try to protect you. If you are not eating these foods you inflammation will go away.
6) aloe vera – Good quality aloe vera can take swelling down in you body and outside. Outside the skin aloe is use in skin care products and for burns. Aloe is a healing product, as it goes into the skin and heals from the inside out.
So there you have it: Eat pineapple, cherries, some spice, aloe vera (internal and external) cutting out sugar and allergy foods and you should be able to reduce much of your inflammation. You will feel healthier in the long run too.
Have a healthy safe summer.